P3 originate and plan a music video production for a specific music track working within appropriate conventions with some assistance
M3 originate and plan a music video production for a specific music track effectively showing some imagination and with only occasional assistance
D3 originate and plan a music video production for a specific music track to a technical quality that reflects near-professional standards, showing creativity and flair and working independently to professional expectations
In selected groups, research, plan and design a music video production for a chosen track, keeping a research file, production log and minutes of group meetings.
NB. Marks will not be awarded for ideas existing solely in your head, no matter how good – everything must be committed to paper.
Task & Evidence:
Before producing your music video you must compile and create an extensive Pre-Production Book.
Each crew-members pre-production book must include a copy of the following:
Artist Contact: Recorded emails, social media and phone messages, meeting minutes
Production Diary: daily entries explaining progress, your individual contribution to each day and areas of improvement
Idea Generation (brainstorms/notes on at least THREE ideas including:
– Research on similar/inspirational existing music videos
– Creative concepts: style, meaning, pace, concept imagery, narrative
– Artist Profile: identity/image and target audience. Explain how your product will represent their identity and appeal to their target audience
– Production schedule;
– Finalised synopsis;
– Shot List;
– Set/costume design including prop list;
– Team roles and responsibilities;
– Location Recce & Risk Assessment;
– Permissions/clearance to film;
– Equipment rental list;
– Call Sheet