Grading CriteriaP1: describe the nature and purposes of research in the creative media industries with some appropriate use of subject terminology [IE] M1: explain the nature and purposes of research in the creative media industries with detailed illustrative examples and with generally correct use of subject terminology D1: comprehensively explain the nature and purposes of research in the creative media industries with elucidated examples and consistently using subject terminology correctly
The aim of this task is for you to highlight the reason for and importance of research
Produce a report or electronic presentation fully explaining/highlighting:
- What is research?
- The importance and purpose of research for any production using subject terminology, in other words the purpose for the process and how this impacts on any production.
- The various types of research methods (methodology) and how they are conducted
- Sources for thorough research
- Why one needs to reference any sources used and examples of how to reference a source/s
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each type of research (primary, secondary, qualitative and quantitative)?
- The use of open and closed questioning, when and why they may be used
SubmissionResearch notes A written report with illustrations, electronic presentation