BIG NEWS – The Radio 1 and 1Xtra Where It Begins intern scheme (formerly called Take It On) opens TODAY – MONDAY 2ND FEBRUARY – for 2 weeks, closing date Sunday 15th February. We are looking for young people (18+) who are passionate about music, radio and all things digital, and are bursting with creative ideas and suggestions for innovative content. Please forward this on to anyone you know who might fit the bill!
Find out more and apply here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/trainee-schemes-and-apprenticeships/production/where-it-begins
YOU NEED TO:
- Be creative and brilliant, passionate about radio, music and everything that appeals to a young audience.
- Know about current music and you’ll be listening to Radio 1 & 1Xtra
- Be into new technology and social media and will get how this is impacting on us and our audience.
- Be 18 or over and available to get to London to work on the dates stated. (The placements are based in our HQ on the top floor of New Broadcasting House, London).
- Be from any background, and any part of the UK. You don’t need to be a loud mouth! You could be quietly confident in your abilities.
YOU DON’T NEED TO:
- Be qualified! NB. You DON’T NEED any qualifications or radio experience. Instead, show us that you have a big imagination and a genuine enthusiasm for exploring and building a career in the media.
- Want to be the next Greg James or Sarah Jane Crawford. This is an ‘off air’ scheme, for people interested in careers in off air production roles. It is NOT a scheme for people interested in presenting.