Some very exciting production opportunities for broadcast students in both radio and television are around the corner.
There will be an interview process taking place just after half term (early June), so you have about a month including half term to put your house in order and get your work up to date. In order to be considered for a place on these opportunities and more, the following applies:
- The following units must be completed to at least a Merit and above,
- Commercial Production for Radio
- Music based programming
- Music Video Production
- Digital Video Production for Interactive Media
- Advertising Production for a Tv
- Scriptwriting for Video and Television (TV specialism)
- News Production for Radio (Radio specialism)
- Radio Drama – Task 1 write-up (Radio specialism)
- Factual Production – Task 3 & 4 production (TV specialism)
- Media Sector – Task 1, 2, 3, 4.1 and 4.2
- All work must be clearly evidenced and your tracking sheet up to date
- Attendance must be inline with academy expectation/average
- Demonstrate that you are always trying to improve on your work and develop your professional skills
- Demonstrate good to professional production activity skills in radio or television
- As discussed during tutorial, please find below the presentation for your reflective work.
1 student has already been identified by a potential employer for instant opportunity based of work they have seen on student’s blog. “Clean, impressive, professionally presented, easy to navigate, can clearly see progression, would definitely employ in future and well written”, in the words of one employer – opportunity creator.
‘It isn’t sufficient just to want – you’ve got to ask yourself what you are going to do to get the things you want’ – Franklin D Roosevelt